Website Design Greensboro NC
Your website design needs to, immediately and efficiently, communicate the purpose of your site and show it’s value to the visitor. The web design is not just about visual appeal but should also address the user’s needs. Your content should work together with the web design so that the impact is maximized. In order to create engaging content, you need to figure out the best way to communicate your message. The copy, text, images and look need to all come together to create the best website design in Greensboro NC for your company.
The Anatomy of an Effective Website Design for Businesses
- The Header. Your website header is the top portion of your site and should include some very important features. The two main features should be your company logo and phone number. Website visitors need to be able to quickly contact you and having a large phone number caters to that need.
- Calls-to-action. These are basically actions you want the website visitor to take. Your main call-to-action on your homepage is the one action you want users to take above all others, such as “Get a Quote”, “View Services” or “Contact Us”. This can be done with a form, in a website slider, or using a prominent button.
- Navigation. Information Architecture (IA) is simply the organizing and labelling of your website content in a way that makes it easy for visitors to find what they need. You also want to be able to funnel the visitor into areas where you want them to go. Your website navigation is crucial to IA and should be determined during the website design in Greensboro NC planning phase.
- Content. Writing for the web is creating content for both visitors and robots. When it comes to search engine optimization, or SEO, your website copy needs to be unique and you should use keywords and related terms naturally. Find out what questions users come to your website with, then answer them.
- The Footer. The bottom portion of your website should include details that are important for the visitor but also for search engines such as your hours of operation, address and categories. Calls-to-action and links you wish the user to click should not be included in the footer.
- Service/Product Pages. You need to be able to allow the website visitor to learn more about your company and services and/or products. In order to do this, website pages with content and images should be created. All businesses are different so it is essential that during the planning phase, a list of pages and keywords need to be compiled. Not having enough pages could hurt the SEO of your site and also leave out valuable information for the user, while having too many pages could overwhelm them.
- Contact Page. This page is one of the more important aspects to your overall website design. Visitors need a page that has all of your contact information as well as a form to be able to directly send you a message, question or request.
All of this information may seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. With the help of an experienced website design team in Greensboro NC, creating a new or redesigned business site can be virtually stress-free. Biz Boost Pros has created many small and large company sites, working directly with business owners and managers to take their vision and construct an effective and appealing website.